Regulations and Conditions
FARE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- ONEX BUS will not be held responsible for lost or stolen tickets
- All reservations and tickets expire on the date and time of travel posted on the ticket. Tickets and reservations are non transferable
- Each passenger must present either a printed or electronic ticket AND valid photo ID at boarding.
- ONEX BUS will only be responsible for transportation on its own lines in accordance with its tariff rules and regulations and assumes no responsibility for any acts of omissions of another party or interline carrier.
- ONEX BUS tickets will not be accepted by interline carriers.
- Schedules and services are subject to change without notice. ONEX BUS may substitute alternate carrier or means of transportation, which includes utilization of smaller size vehicles to meet the need.
- Layover’s/stop over’s not permitted on a point to point segment once ticket is issued (i.e. for the route Toronto to London, there is no stop over privilege in between).
- ONEX BUS doesn’t entertain any claims for damage to your baggage’s.
- Children under the age of eight must be accompanied by someone age 16 and over. No exceptions will be permitted.
- ONEX BUS will not be held liable for delays due to breakdowns, weather, or other conditions beyond the carrier’s control.
- WiFi service is not guaranteed.
- Fares are payable in Canadian dollars.
CANCELLATION / REFUND/EXCHANGE
- Refunds: NOT PERMITTED
- Cancellation: NOT PERMITTED if the scheduled departure is in less than 24 hours. In other cases, a cancellation fee of CAD 10.00 applies for each ticket.
- Rescheduling: CAD 2.00, if the change is made by you through the website. CAD 5.00 applies if the change is to be made by our office.
- We require at least 24 hrs notices for rescheduling. Customer care center needs to be contacted for rescheduling by e-mail email@example.com
- Tickets are valid ONLY for the scheduled date and time that was purchased.
- ONEX BUS is NOT responsible for your late arrival and NO show up. Tickets will be void.
- If a passenger misses a schedule, they are required to purchase a new ticket in order to travel.
- OPEN TICKET: Open Ticket facility is only offered to those traveling to/from airport. Traveler MUST notify ONEX BUS in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org on flight cancellation/delays, and a voucher for the same value will be issued or a free rescheduling will be offered. NO REFUNDS allowed.
- Resellers / Third Party Vendors: Cancellation/Refund/Exchange on purchases for ONEX BUS services through resellers/third party vendors are subject to the respective sellers’ terms and conditions. All questions are to be addressed to the respective seller, and not to ONEX BUS.
- ONEX BUS will not refund any ticket issued by other carriers/resellers/third party vendors.
DELAYS AND CANCELLATIONS
Schedules and services are subject to change without notice. ONEX BUS may substitute alternate carrier or means of transportation where available. Unscheduled delays can occur. ONEX BUS is not responsible for delays or cancellations caused by traffic, road conditions, weather or other causes over which it has no control. Alternatively, where ONEX BUS fails to provide on-time reliable service for reasons wholly within our control, refunds, vouchers, or alternative travel arrangements may be offered.
Connections: Arrivals, departures, and connections at times stated are not guaranteed. ONEX BUS is not responsible for the expense of connecting bus/train/flight service missed as a result of a delay.
- One carry-on baggage and two luggages’ are free per passenger.
- The carry on should be placed in the overhead bins or under the passenger’s seat. It must not weigh more than 7 kgs (15lbs).
- Total max weight for checked in luggage is 115 kgs (250lbs) (23 Kgs/50lbs per baggage)
- Oversized (snowboards, skis, ski poles etc.) and overweight items are subject to additional charges. Overweight item cannot exceed 25kgs per luggage.
- All sports equipment must be properly packed in appropriate bags or boxes
APPLICATION OF FARES
Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, the Rules, Regulations and Rates published in this section apply to the transportation of passengers, and transportation, storage or parcel checking of baggage, in connection with transportation sold over ONEX BUS Services.
- General Application
- Fares published herein are One-Way Fares shown in dollars and cents, and are payable in Canadian Funds or the equivalent thereof.
- When a through fare is not published, one may be constructed by adding together the fares for each segment on the route operated.
- Fares to or from intermediate points not specifically shown herein will be the same as the fare to or from the next more distant point.
- Non-ticketed passengers boarding coach at non-agency points must pay cash fare to destination, such fare not to exceed the regular tariff fare between the last station and destination.
- For passengers over-riding the stop limit applicable to origin or destination shown on ticket, an additional collection will be made of the difference between the one-way fare between points shown on ticket and the one-way fare between the points of actual transportation.
- ONEX BUS reserve it rights to revise the fare without notice.
- Children’s Fares
- Children aged 2 to 10 – Children, who have not yet reached their eleventh birthday will be offered 15% discount to the one-way fee applicable for adults.
- Children aged 11 and older – Children, eleven years and over, will be charged the fare applicable to adult.
- Children under the age of 2 – One child, (less than 2 years of age), when accompanied by an adult or other passenger at least 16 years of age and when not occupying a seat to the exclusion of another passenger, will be carried free.
- Regular Round-Trip Fares
- Adult and child regular round-trip fares will be two (2) times the applicable one-way fare.
- Minimum Fares
- Minimum fares will apply to all regular fares.
- Passengers should be at the origin stop 10 minutes prior to departure time.
- Smoking of any kind or consumption of alcohol in any of ONEX BUS Vehicles and offices are strictly prohibited.
- We have a ZERO tolerance for ILLEGAL DRUGS, ALCOHOL, WEAPONS, VERBAL OR PHYSICAL ABUSE (toward other passengers and staff) and/or any UNRULY BEHAVIOR. This applies to the buses as well as any offices. You will be asked to leave if this rule is not followed. There will be no refunds if one is either asked to get off the bus or not allowed to board.
- Customers are welcome to use child safety seats that are equipped with the 3-point harness, providing a children’s fare ticket is purchased for the seat space. The customer is responsible for securing the child safety seat to the three point lap/shoulder belt, where provided. Onex will not be responsible for securing the child car seat to the bus seat.
- WiFi is not guaranteed.
- Power outlets are not available on all our vehicles.
- All pets must be in a pet carrier at all times while on board.
- The pet carrier cannot be of bulky size, which cannot fit under your seat.
- Be considerate of others and keep your pet carrier out of the way and off the seats.
- Service animals are welcome on our board with their owners all day, every day. We encourage customers to travel with appropriate documentation supporting their needs in the event it is requested.
- If you are traveling to or from another service provider, be sure to check with them in advance as they may have different rules about traveling with pets.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Government issued photo ID is required at the time of check in.
- Onex does its best to provide the service. Service is NOT guaranteed and there may be delay or cancellation caused by different factors (i.e, road closure, mechanical issues or weather). In instances where the cause of delay is Onex`s fault and the delay is more than 5 hours, passengers are given vouchers (worth 50% of the ticket value originally purchased excluding any taxes and fees) to be used in their next travel with Onex within one year.
- Onex is NOT responsible for any inconvenience or expense caused as a result of delays or cancellations.
- Onex’ extra space policy requires of purchasing a second seat if a passenger is unable to sit in their seat without encroaching into the next seat or the isle while the armrest is down in the interest of safety and comfort of our passengers.
- Customers are to be sent out notices about updates on their scheduled services on either emails or phone numbers provided at the time of ticket purchase. Onex is not responsible for any inconvenience if customer does not provide correct email address or phone number.
- Onex will not be responsible for the loss or damage to your baggages.
- Lost & Found items found on board our coaches or in one of our offices will be kept for a period of 14 days before being disposed of.
PROTECTION OF LUGGAGE
- In an effort to protect all luggage stored under the coach, items should be packed or covered in such a way as to not be damaged during transit or not to damage other luggage. It is important that items of a breakable nature (TV’s) or those that contain pointy (ski poles) or greasy (bike chains) parts are secured by a box, suitable covering, or plastic wrap/bags.
- ONEX BUS reserves the right to refuse any baggage that is not packaged securely. All items must be in a suitable container that is not at risk of being damaged or causing damage. Acceptable baggage includes things like suitcases, duffel bags, toolboxes, trunks, storage containers, and securely taped cardboard boxes.
- To avoid luggage mix-ups, it is recommended that you place a visible identifier on your stored luggage including a luggage tag with your name, address, and phone number. ONEX BUS is not responsible for a passenger picking up the wrong piece of luggage.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your checked luggage is placed in the correct compartment prior to departure. As well, it is your responsibility to remove all personal items brought on to the coach. ONEX BUS will not be responsible for items left behind on the coach or luggage issues as a result of a change in your arrival point.
- Please ensure you clearly advise the representative loading the luggage of your arrival point, to ensure your luggage is placed into the appropriate compartment.
- Onex promotes the safety and security of children through its children policy.
- Children above the age of 11 (including 11) can travel unaccompanied on Onex.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by someone of age 16 or older.
- Children under the age of 2 (less than 2 years of age), when accompanied by an adult or other passenger at least 16 years of age and when not occupying a seat to the exclusion of another passenger, will be carried free.
As a condition of carriage, ONEX BUS reserves the right:
- To conduct a search of all passengers, baggage, and cargo for any substance, material, or article of a kind or quality that is likely to be disagreeable to or dangerous to passengers or is likely to expose passengers or baggage to risk, loss or damage;
- To refuse to accept for transportation any such substance, material, or article; or
- To require any such substance, material, or article to be placed in the lower baggage compartment as a condition of transport.
- No person is obligated to permit a search of their person, baggage, or cargo to be carried out if they choose not to board or have their baggage or cargo placed on the bus.
OBJECTIONABLE PERSONS POLICY
ONEX BUS reserves the right to refuse to transport a person:
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs and who have consumed any amount of alcohol or illegal substances.
- Whose conduct or behavior is objectionable to other passengers or prospective passengers.
- Who is incapable of caring for himself or herself, unless travelling with an adult attendant (see the Minor Policy, above).
- Who refuses to comply with any lawful rule or regulation of Onex.
- Who emanate strong smell either from themselves or their belongings (In consideration of the comfort of our passengers on long journeys). Strong smells include but not limited to strong perfumes or lotions, body odour etc.
- Objectionable persons may be removed from the bus at any usual stopping place or at such other places as the driver may select.
- Passengers who are already boarded may also be removed from the bus at the driver’s discretion for the reasons cited above. In the event of such removal, Onex does not assume any liability for the loss of fare or accommodation or any other inconvenience.