Terms and Conditions
CANCELLATION / REFUND
- Tickets are NOT refundable.
- We require at least 24 hrs notice for rescheduling. Customer call center needs to be contacted for rescheduling.
- There is a $20 surcharge for rescheduling and vouchers.
- Tickets are non-transferable. Ticket can only be used by passenger who has his/her name on original ticket.
- Tickets are valid ONLY for the scheduled date and time that was purchased.
- Onex is NOT responsible for any lost or stolen tickets.
- Onex is NOT responsible for your late arrival and NO show up. Tickets will be void.
- Onex is NOT responsible for late arrival in connected services due to circumstances that are not within the company`s control.
- Make sure to check your departure station from www.onexbus.com for any changes 24 hours before the departure
- Wheelchair bookings require 2 days notice prior to departure
- One carry-on baggage and two luggages is free per passenger. Additional baggage is $20 per baggage.
- The carry on should be placed in the overhead bins or under the passenger’s seat. It must not weigh more than 7 kgs (15lbs).
- Maximum 5 baggage is allowed to check in. Total max weight for checked in luggage is 115 kgs (250lbs) (23 Kgs/50lbs per baggage)
- Oversized (snowboards, skis, ski poles etc.) and overweight items are subject to additional charges. Overweight item cannot exceed 25kgs per luggage.
- All sports equipment must be properly packed in appropriate bags or boxes.
- Passengers should be at the origin stop 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- Federal law does not permit smoking (including vaping and marijuana) in or around any Onex Transportation buses and offices.
- We have a ZERO tolerance for ILLEGAL DRUGS, ALCOHOL, WEAPONS, VERBAL OR PHYSICAL ABUSE (toward other passengers and staff) and/or any UNRULY BEHAVIOR. This applies to the buses as well as any offices. You will be asked to leave if this rule is not followed. There will be no refunds if one is either asked to get off the bus or not allowed to board.
- No animal can be transported on the coaches. However, SERVICE ANIMALS that are trained and registered, will be permitted to travel with the person at no additional charge with the proper paperwork. The animal must have the appropriate documentation, or they WILL NOT be permitted onboard. PLEASE call 48 hours in advance before your trip to make sure your animal is permitted to be onboard. Emotional support animals are NOT allowed to be onboard.
- Customers are welcome to use child safety seats that are equipped with the 3-point harness, providing a children’s fare ticket is purchased for the seat space. The customer is responsible for securing the child safety seat to the three point lap/shoulder belt, where provided. Onex will not be responsible for securing the child car seat to the bus seat.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Government issued photo ID is required at the time of check in.
- Onex does its best to provide the service. Service is NOT guaranteed and there may be delay or cancellation caused by different factors (i.e, road closure, mechanical issues or weather). In instances where the cause of delay is Onex`s fault and the delay is more than 5 hours, passengers are given vouchers (worth 50% of the ticket value originally purchased excluding any taxes and fees) to be used in their next travel with Onex within one year.
- Onex is NOT responsible for any inconvenience or expense caused as a result of delays or cancellations.
- Onex’ extra space policy requires of purchasing a second seat if a passenger is unable to sit in their seat without encroaching into the next seat or the isle while the armrest is down in the interest of safety and comfort of our passengers.
- Customers are to be sent out notices about updates on their scheduled services on either emails or phone numbers provided at the time of ticket purchase. Onex is not responsible for any inconvenience if customer does not provide correct email address or phone number.
- The maximum baggage liability is $100 per person/ticket. Bike liability is also $100 per adult ticket.
- Onex will not be responsible for the loss of or damage to checked luggage in excess of stated maximum liability.
- Onex does not accept liability for loss of or damage to unchecked baggage carried on board, or items that do not comply with our policies stated above.
- Any damage must be reported to Onex within 24 hours or claim may be refused.
- Lost & Found items found on board our coaches or in one of our offices will be kept for a period of 30 days before being disposed of.
PROTECTION OF LUGGAGE
- In an effort to protect all luggage stored under the coach, items should be packed or covered in such a way as to not be damaged during transit or not to damage other luggage. It is important that items of a breakable nature (TV’s) or those that contain pointy (ski poles) or greasy (bike chains) parts are secured by a box, suitable covering, or plastic wrap/bags.
- Onex reserves the right to refuse any baggage that is not packaged securely. All items must be in a suitable container that is not at risk of being damaged or causing damage. Acceptable baggage includes things like suitcases, duffel bags, toolboxes, trunks, storage containers, and securely taped cardboard boxes.
- To avoid luggage mix-ups, it is recommended that you place a visible identifier on your stored luggage including a luggage tag with your name, address, and phone number. Onex is not responsible for a passenger picking up the wrong piece of luggage.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your checked luggage is placed in the correct compartment prior to departure. As well, it is your responsibility to remove all personal items brought on to the coach. Onex will not be responsible for items left behind on the coach or luggage issues as a result of a change in your arrival point.
- Please ensure you clearly advise the representative loading the luggage of your arrival point, to ensure your luggage is placed into the appropriate compartment
- Onex promotes the safety and security of children through its children policy.
- Children above the age of 13 (including 13) can travel unaccompanied on Onex.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by someone of age 16 or older.
- Children under the age of 2 (less than 2 years of age), when accompanied by an adult or other passenger at least 16 years of age and when not occupying a seat to the exclusion of another passenger, will be carried free.
OBJECTIONABLE PERSONS POLICY
Onex reserves the right to refuse to transport a person:
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs and who have consumed any amount of alcohol or illegal substances;
- Whose conduct or behaviour is objectionable to other passengers or prospective passengers;
- Who is incapable of caring for himself or herself, unless travelling with an adult attendant (see the Minor Policy, above);
- Who refuses to comply with any lawful rule or regulation of Onex.
- Who emanate strong smell either from themselves or their belongings (In consideration of the comfort of our passengers on long journeys). Strong smells include but not limited to strong perfumes or lotions, body odour etc.
- Objectionable persons may be removed from the bus at any usual stopping place or at such other places as the driver may select.
Passengers who are already boarded may also be removed from the bus at the driver’s discretion for the reasons cited above. In the event of such removal, Onex does not assume any liability for the loss of fare or accommodation or any other inconvenience.